Fall Fishing Classic at the Aurora Reservoir - Page 3 - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2013, 05:03 PM   #21 (permalink)

longdraw,
I'm pushing as hard as I can to market and promote it to see that it does not get cancelled, and I see no reason that it should be. That being said, this is a registration-based event so it does depend on if we can get enough registrants to participate so please don't wait any longer. Sign up today! I'll be at the Denver Fly Shop on Colorado Blvd. and I-25 tomorrow from 10am-2pm registering folks, and I'll be throughout the Denver-metro area in the coming weeks so come find me if you want to sign up at one of your favorite stores or visit the website www.auroragov.org/reservoirs .
Thanks,
Tim
Terickson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2013, 05:09 PM   #22 (permalink)

$40 is not a bad entry fee!

*$300 prize for largest in species
*$3000 grand prize for "All-Species Tournament"
*Lunch Provided

Man, if only I could swing a Saturday off (and if I had a boat....)

Good luck, all... I'm going to pass the word around to all the fishermen I know.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:54 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terickson View Post
longdraw,
I'm pushing as hard as I can to market and promote it to see that it does not get cancelled, and I see no reason that it should be. That being said, this is a registration-based event so it does depend on if we can get enough registrants to participate so please don't wait any longer. Sign up today! I'll be at the Denver Fly Shop on Colorado Blvd. and I-25 tomorrow from 10am-2pm registering folks, and I'll be throughout the Denver-metro area in the coming weeks so come find me if you want to sign up at one of your favorite stores or visit the website www.auroragov.org/reservoirs .
Thanks,
Tim
Hey Tim, there will be a number of anglers that will wait till the last week to sign up because they do not want to go through the hassle of tracking down a refund if it is cancelled. There are couple of other events that weekend but many of those I have talked to prefer to fish the Fall Classic because it has the highest payout. That is where I stand as well.

Have you been given a target number? Do you have a number representing those who have already registered?
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2013, 03:57 PM   #24 (permalink)

Hey Longdraw,
I know that the vast majority of anglers like to hold out until the week of the event to see what the weather will be like, if they can get time off of work, etc.. But I need to have at least 90 anglers registered by September 19th in order to get the green light. Right now we are at about a third of that. Let's see it happen folks! Water levels look great, multiple species tournament unlike any other in the state and two of the three current state records from Aurora Res were caught in the Fall. Grab some friends/family and let's have a good time.
Tim
Old 09-09-2013, 08:33 PM   #25 (permalink)

Tim, what are the odds of winning this tournament fishing from the shore?
Freda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2013, 08:41 AM   #26 (permalink)

Hey Freda,
I would argue that your chances are just as good from shore as they are from boat, I know for the Trout Tournament in May 2 out of the top 4 anglers caught their fish from shore.
Tim
Old 09-10-2013, 09:08 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freda View Post
Tim, what are the odds of winning this tournament fishing from the shore?
The winning fish the first 2 years(wiper) came from within casting distance of a shoreline.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:18 PM   #28 (permalink)

We'll be at the Gander Mountain in Thornton tomorrow from noon- 4pm, come out, get registered for the tournament and pick up some great gear to get ready for the fall/winter.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:51 AM   #29 (permalink)

Guys...

I stayed out of this. Last year, I worked with Crystal to help make things happen and work, this year I have not been consulted or asked to help at all. Never have I ever seen a municipality so hung up on the almighty dollar! This city ( Aurora) has lost touch with what we collectively as anglers really want! That is to fish!
We don't need fancy food, last time I checked I still knew how to make sandwiches and throw them in the boat. The city and its staff needs to consult with the local clubs, ie.. Denver Bassmasters, Centennial Bass Club, Colorado Walleye Assn, and with the members of the 2 largest fishing forums in this state in Fish Explorer and Colorado Fisherman. If they did that they would learn the proper way to organize fishing events and competitions, as well as promote the events within the clubs and forums.
The city needs to get over the outrageous fees... This event was to be held during normal park hours, so the Rangers would have been there regardless. Where is the extra cost in that? They were charging 40.00 a head, just for entry fees. To cover what? Has any other companies been consulted to offer an alternative food, which might be cheaper, or even better suited to an event like this? Or.. as many have said before, eliminate the food.

The simple truth is the city can't or won't see the value in promoting this fine fishery realizing the profits from it in the coming years from more season passes, boat fees, etc. Instead.. they want all the money they can get their greedy hands on up front! Then when they don't see enough margin in it right now, they cancel the events a week and a half beforehand!

This whole thing stinks to high heaven! When Daris organized the first ever private night event, he was given specific lists of what he had to pay, ie Rangers wages, insurance, rental fees, etc. He PRIVATELY did all that, and advertised it strictly on the forums and it was a huge success monetarily with money left over to donate to a church fishing club!

Why was he successful? Because he recognized, and knew what we as anglers wanted and gave us just that!

This city, with all of their advantages of owning the reservoir and employing the staff, has failed miserably with the events this year.

I am done! I will NEVER fish another City of Aurora event, I will tell all of my angler friends NOT to fish them, and furthermore, the City of Aurora will never see another penny of mine in daily, boat, or season pass fees!

The City of Aurora has once again shown all of us anglers how they really feel about us. Now they will hear how I feel about the City of Aurora.... They can kiss my ass!

Tiny
Old 09-19-2013, 09:02 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballjohn66 View Post
Guys...

they want all the money they can get their greedy hands on up front! Then when they don't see enough margin in it right now, they cancel the events a week and a half beforehand!

A bunch of BULLCHIT. Now he says I have to wait "weeks" to get my entry fee refunded. Why not just refund the cot-dam card I charged it on?

I really am bummed that this is cancelled. This was probably the coolest competition we have on the Front Range. Multi-Species and great payouts.

Tags
aurora reservoir, tournament

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in