Colorado Fishing Forum

Colorado Fishing Forum (https://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/index.php)
-   Announcements and Events (https://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Fall Fishing Classic at the Aurora Reservoir (https://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74913)

Terickson 07-09-2013 01:13 PM

Fall Fishing Classic at the Aurora Reservoir

The city of Aurora is proud to bring to you the Fall Fishing Classic on Saturday, September 28th at the Aurora Reservoir from 5:30am-2:00pm. Overnight boat storage spots will be on sale next Saturday in the Aurora Reservoir Park Office for $10. The Fall Fishing Classic is an all-species event. $3000 will be awarded to the fisherman who catches the largest fish of any species and $300 will be awarded to the fishermen who catch the largest of each species (not including the grand prize fish). All fish must be weighed-in by 1:30 pm to be eligible for any prizes. Register here https://www.auroragov.org/ThingsToDo...oirs/index.htm
If you have questions call 303-690-1286 x6 or email me: [email protected].
See you there!
Tim

discloco 07-10-2013 06:16 AM

Why sign up? They'll probably cancel this one as well. The city of Aurora appears to give two hills of beans about fishing these days. The night event was a prime example of this. Really sad that this will probably fall to the same fate as the night tournament and then the trout tournament. Well see about the validity of this actually taking place. If I'm wrong, I will probably be there. If not, then off to the mountains!

Terickson 07-10-2013 09:21 AM

Hi Discloco,
I understand your frustration with having the night fishing event cancelled; I honestly believe that we should not have cancelled either but unfortunately that is not my call. That being said, I will do everything in my power to make sure that the fishing events thrive and continue on for years to come.
Tim

discloco 07-11-2013 10:52 AM

I appreciate your response and I plan on hopefully fishing this event. Thanks again for your very respectable response and I hope to see you there.

chris 07-14-2013 08:26 AM

Put some boat docks in at the ramp and you will get a better turnout to all your events aswell as keeping things safer for everyone!

Terickson 07-15-2013 11:38 AM

Hi Chris,
Unfortunately I don't have any say in the docks but I have made it a point that the lack of a safe and practical dock at the ramp is a concern. Thanks for responding and I hope to see you out there.
Tim

Terickson 08-01-2013 11:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey all,
Come and stop by the new Cabela's Lonetree location for their opening weekend on Saturday & Sunday August 17th & 18th to register for the Fall fishing Classic at the Get Outdoors Colorado table. In addition to ensuring your spot for the tournament you can also grab some great information about fishing, hunting, and trails throughout Colorado. I know I'm excited to see Cabela's in the metro area.
Tim

BuckMaxx 08-03-2013 07:16 PM

What is the rules for AR and a big boat. I can put my bass boat on there but use electric motor only correct?

Terickson 08-05-2013 09:59 AM

Hi BuckMaxx,
Correct, Gas motors are prohibited at the Aurora Reservoir but an electric motor is perfectly fine. Before entering the water you also have to remove all portable gas tanks. Do you already have a WAP?
Tim

Pilotfly 08-05-2013 10:47 AM

Okay, stupid question for my first post..... I grew up in Aurora but was unaware there was a Reservoir there. All we had available (at least that I knew of) was Cherry Creek Reservoir. Admittedly this was back in the 60's but Cherry Creek was great for crappies and ice hockey when it froze. When did Aurora Reservoir come about and where is it located in relationship to Peoria St (went to high school at Central).