Colorado Fishing Forum

Colorado Fishing Forum (https://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/index.php)
-   Announcements and Events (https://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   $10,000 Trout Tournament present by Cabela's (https://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99761)

Terickson 05-05-2014 10:18 AM

$10,000 Trout Tournament present by Cabela's

Don't forget to register for the $10,000 Trout Tournament presented by Cabela's at the Aurora Reservoir on Saturday, May 17th. One winner will walk away $10,000 richer by catching the largest trout (based on weight), other prize packages and giveaways for the top four fish in our adult (16yrs +) and youth divisions. Only $30 to register but you have to do it by Friday May 16th, no walk up registrations will be taken. For complete rules and regulations, or to get registered visit https://www.auroragov.org/ThingsToDo...oirs/index.htm

hooknline 05-05-2014 01:30 PM

Can't wait to sell the pig bass at the weight station again!

setthehook 05-05-2014 07:50 PM

Either I missed it or the rules don't say but the largest trout wins 10K? This is not one of those "must be tagged with the special tag as well" things, correct?

r1f1eman 05-05-2014 08:00 PM

Won't see me there. Hum didn't say a thing about another $15 for your electric trolling motor, or another $25 if you have a second person in your boat, and using electric motor, or another $10 if you want to beach your boat over night. Or the $10 for the water fee.

boondock 05-05-2014 08:07 PM

Aurora Reservoir is located at 5800 S. Powhaton in Aurora; just east of E-470 when traveling on Quincy Avenue. Tournament winner is based on the largest trout (based on weight) caught during the event. Visit our expo area to get the latest and greatest in gear, connect with your fellow anglers and share tips, more info coming soon!

Basic Contest Rules*:

• Contest Time 5:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. on May 17, 2014 regardless of weather conditions.
• Gas motor boats will not be allowed on Aurora Reservoir, watercraft inspection required
• By registering for this contest all participants agree to all contest rules and release of liability.

* Complete contest rules & release of liability on attached, printable flyer.

Registration is just $30!
Limit for Trolling motor boats does apply, register your boat today!

Single occupant trolling motor boat $15
Multiple occupancy trolling motor boat $25
*Trolling motor boat fees do not apply to pontoons, kayaks and other man-powered vessels.

Inspections for aquatic nuisance species will continue for the 2014 boating season, ALL VESSELS must pass inspection and acquire their Watercraft Access Pass for a one-time annual fee of $10 prior to launching. Save time and get your WAP pass before the event at the Aurora Reservoir.
Registration Maxium: 5

from the registration page

Zman 05-05-2014 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r1f1eman (Post 1261785)
Won't see me there. Hum didn't say a thing about another $15 for your electric trolling motor, or another $25 if you have a second person in your boat, and using electric motor, or another $10 if you want to beach your boat over night. Or the $10 for the water fee.

Yep they put the screw the boaters with the electric trolling motors who have supported the contests for years into effect this year...

They should make it the

Cabelas Screw Minnkota and Motorguide Big Trout Tournament...

I am putting glass shards in my tube of fish attractant...I can use it for lubricant!...

hooknline 05-05-2014 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by setthehook (Post 1261753)
Either I missed it or the rules don't say but the largest trout wins 10K? This is not one of those "must be tagged with the special tag as well" things, correct?

Correct, for a few years now. 2 lb trout worth 10 k!

Quote:

Originally Posted by zman (Post 1261825)
Yep they put the screw the boaters with the electric trolling motors who have supported the contests for years into effect this year...

They should make it the

Cabelas Screw Minnkota and Motorguide Big Trout Tournament...

I am putting glass shards in my tube of fish attractant...I can use it for lubricant!...

Grumpy old man! Haha. They should of had a walleye or wiper tourney there couple days ago!!!!

Pete-G 05-06-2014 07:35 PM

Pretty loose rules. Do they have lakers there?

Can I turn in a laker from Forebay?

JWurgaft 05-06-2014 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete-G (Post 1263209)
Pretty loose rules. Do they have lakers there?

Can I turn in a laker from Forebay?

Oh ya they used to have lakers there...saw it in a thread a lil while back...

JWurgaft 05-06-2014 08:05 PM

I'm almost temped to try it.....almost ..lol