Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Fall Fishing Classic at the Aurora Reservoir

11K views 37 replies 16 participants last post by  BSfisher 
#1 ·
The city of Aurora is proud to bring to you the Fall Fishing Classic on Saturday, September 28th at the Aurora Reservoir from 5:30am-2:00pm. Overnight boat storage spots will be on sale next Saturday in the Aurora Reservoir Park Office for $10. The Fall Fishing Classic is an all-species event. $3000 will be awarded to the fisherman who catches the largest fish of any species and $300 will be awarded to the fishermen who catch the largest of each species (not including the grand prize fish). All fish must be weighed-in by 1:30 pm to be eligible for any prizes. Register here https://www.auroragov.org/ThingsToDo/Reservoirs/index.htm
If you have questions call 303-690-1286 x6 or email me: tiericks@auroragov.org.
See you there!
Tim

#37 ·
My fiancé and I woke up this morning at 4:30 am, full of excitement to participate in our first fishing tournament together. After spending a large amount of time and resources on preparation for this event, we figured we had better have the rules and regulations on hand while we were there. Upon going online to print them, we found out that the Fall Fishing Classic had been cancelled. Disappointed does not even describe how let down we feel. We are going to the reservoir today anyway, because we love fishing. We hope that we can turn this negative experience into a positive one. My fiancé is the manager at a prominent sporting goods store in the area and will continue to send her customers your way to enjoy the great fishing Aurora Reservoir has to offer. Hope to see a better turn out in the future and if there is any way we can help with that let us know. A few comps wouldn't hurt either, Tim. :fish:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.