Colorado Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Tresspassing on private property to fish

View Single Post
Old 09-21-2006, 09:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
setthehook

Default Re: Tresspassing on private property to fish

Laker,
My neighbor is a lawyer and a big time hunter that took a similar case to court and won. In his case he ID'ed a piece of public land that was surrounded by private land...all access avenues were posted as Private, No Tresspassing. He pulled old aerial photos of the area before all the private ranches popped up and found an old public access road to the public land. He approached the private land owner to request access via what was formerly a public road to public property. Admittedly the road had been grown over with weeks and grass but it was established as a public road. The landowner denied him access. In court the judge granted my neighbor access siting an old law created in the early 1900's. My neighbor cannot go off that road until he gets on public property but he did get access to the land.
setthehook is offline   Reply With Quote

» Forum Search
» Insurance