Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Fall browns

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  D-Moe 
#1 ·
What are your favorite spots? My favorite spot is the colorado river around grizzly creek, of course fishing it in the legal section only during the specified times of the year.

#3 ·
Definitely the Colorado, one of my favorites in fall. Just hit it last weekend and caught brownies 14 to 18 inches all day. I always try to hit Delaney Buttes and Elevenmile canyon also before the end of Nov.

#4 ·
colorado river without a doubt. i know you like the stretch down by glenwood, tfb, but i prefer pumphouse to state bridge. the fish are generally not as big, but the peace and quiet and the scenery is more to my taste. and i have seen some huge fall browns come out of pumphouse.

i also love my home rivers, the north and south st. vrains for awesome fall fishing and what i swear are some of the best looking browns anywhere.

#6 ·
john the fisherman said:
colorado river without a doubt. i know you like the stretch down by glenwood, tfb, but i prefer pumphouse to state bridge. the fish are generally not as big, but the peace and quiet and the scenery is more to my taste. and i have seen some huge fall browns come out of pumphouse.
The Colorado is flowing at about 550 cfs at Pumphouse right now. Can you still float it that low?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.