Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

How do you rate this past Ice Fishing season and why!

• Excellent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good

• Fair

• Poor

• Terrible

• I don't Ice fish

• No Opinion

• Undecided

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
2,952 Posts
Overall, I'd rate it good.

Good to excellent for trout this year. No real monsters, a few 20" fish. Good numbers of 12-18" trout everywhere. Vega was not nearly as good as last year, and stagecoach was excellent. Rifle kicked out a big brown for me and several other nice bows of up to 3 pounds.
Lake trout fishing was bad, as compared to the good ole days anyway, since we really don't have big fish anymore. Big numbers of small fish for me. I didn't even bother posting many reports on the lakers.
The panfish fishing was poor. I had some good success for tiny perch at lake X. Otherwise, perch everywhere were not biting for anything. I could catch some, but not many. They were just not hungry. Crappie fishing was good for numbers, but bad for size. I did get a 15" at lake X, but that was a fluke. The next biggest was 13" and most were 6-10". Bluegills weren't biting well but when I caught one it was nice, 5-9".
Pike fishing was excellent. I caught numerous pike over 10 pounds including an absolute monster. I also caught some smaller pike as well. Fishing was moderately paced, as usual, with a couple per day usually, but I usually got at least 1 nice (8 pounds or better) pike per week.
The catfish were biting great at rio, from what I saw. Wished I could've hit em harder.
I'd say overall good.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.