Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished CC today from about 7:00am-1:30pm. All in all it was pretty slow. Talked to on guy who was fishing the center lina area. Said they killed them last week but didn't even get a bite today.

I did manage to catch 1 hammer handle Walleye on a worm out in front of the swim beach.

Water temps were 70-72 and the water had a greenish tint.

As we were heading back we saw a dead wiper floating in the water. Was prob about a 10lb'er.

-Jay

·
Registered
234 Posts
where you in a red tracker? That is all I seen working the beach. But i took off around 11a.m

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Jay, we were there also, and it was the slowest day of the four I fished there. First fish was the biggest, 19inches. Fished the same areas, between the bouys, south of the marina. Then moved further down (south) off the first main pt. (past marker 5) not much there either, so went back. It was weird, when the wind stopped and it got sunny, the fish started to hit. about 9;30, 10 oclockish. all & all, ended up catching 15 walleyes with my 7yr old, so we had fun.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for rubbing it in. Only 15? I think I may have seen you. There were 2 boats working the middle, one was a guy and a lady the other was a guy and his little girl in a green boat, I think that was you?

-Jay

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
That was us! The other couple was getting pretty mad. I think they maybe caught 2 fish all morning. I've saw them a couple of days earlier also. Heading to Glendo for 4 days, will report when we get back.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dam man, If i knew that was you for sure I would have said hi and got some pointers from you. Im sure you saw me. It was me, you and that other boat for awhile.

-Jay

1 - 7 of 7 Posts