Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
started off at around 10am fishing by the dam, fished for about 45min throwing various spinners and rapalas. Nothing, then the wind started to pick up really badly so I decided to make the trek to the inlet. Got to the inlet to find it mostly iced up but the ice sure looked unsafe, anyways set myself up and fished with suckers on the bottom off where the ice ended, and lures with my other pole. No bites no follows no nothing, moved tried the same thing and nothing. Fished along the way back to the south parking lot, nothing. Then something miraculous happened at 2pm the wind stopped! I didnt know that happened at Gross, but I guess it does occasionally. I was ready to leave but the weather was so nice I stayed for another hour with no luck. It was really frustrating because I fished my ass off, and caught nothing, I usually can get at least something, and to top it off I lost 20 bucks in lures. Oh well maybe I'll try again in a couple of months but I'm good on Gross for now. Tight lines and better luck than i had~

·
Registered
9 Posts
First post!!!! Looking forward to many more...

Gross will do that to you. Been skunked there more times than I care to count, but had some very good days there as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts