Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would try Harriman this evening for about 1 hour had 2 bites and 1 fish on a pumkin color tube jig (gizit). Two firsts for me tonight #1 I caught my first saugeye ever however it was not too big only 12 inches #2 only fish ever caught on any type of tube jig /gizit.

Since I started fishing wat back when I have primarily targeted cold water species, trout in particular. Since I have become a member of this forum, saw report, and asked questions I decided to try warm water front range fishing last June. I caught my first catfish and saugeye (when I was actually targeting them), I have learned some new things from fellow members, and met great new fishing partners / friends. Just wanted to say how glad I am to be associated with a group like this. Cheers to coloradofishermen.com & ken!!

TH

·
Registered
499 Posts
Directions to Harriman:

Take West Hampden Avenue to South Kipling Street
Travel South on South Kipling Street to West Quincy Avenue
Reservoir is just west of intersection.

Alternate route is Interstate 470 to West Quincy Avenue
Take West Quincy Avenue east to just before intersection of South Kipling Avenue.

Regards,
Mac

·
Registered
164 Posts
hi my good friend glad to hear. we need to fish that place again soon. but when i look at it im leaving back to texas on the 25th, for a week. may be some time after that. good luck fishing, the more i think about it i think i caught a saugeye, because i dont remember seeing that white spec on it, but wow was it a good looking fish, god bless!

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Went to Harriman tonight and nothing....no fish...that place is hard to figure out of 5 times going 4 may be skunks and the the lone time you may catch 1 or 2. This lake definately not a numbers lake but I guess if I fished to only catch I would have quit along time ago...you feel me.

TH

M

·
0 Posts
went there tonight, met trouthunter and zman, fished kinda near them, but didnt wanna be to close to zman...jk..he did mention something about a dan doll?? lol crazy guys

no luck for me, dont know about them

·
Registered
24,553 Posts
It was nice meeting you Mustang...you should of hung out more...could of helped me abuse PuebloWiperMan...we stayed until about 8pm...unfortunately the fish never showed up...but we still had fun anyway...Harriman is one fickle lass...Dan Doll? ??? ::) ??? ::) ??? ::)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts