Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One big rainbow (26"), two 12" brookies and another small teens 'bow. Oh, and plenty of wind!

Orange Rat Finkee tipped with a waxie.

The ice was extremely clear, was fun adjusting my drag watching the big bow dart around underneath the ice.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Nice! Any pics of the 26" bow?

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Is that a "guesstimate" or did you actually put a tape on it?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
No, it's legit. It was 2" less than my 28" rod. I just need to learn to take better pictures - not accustomed to big fish. But it had a solid 3" on this guy from a different trip:
but it sure as hell doesn't look like it. I'm just excited to set my personal record - hope i can break it again!

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Sometimes angles are funny......but unless you put a tape on it it's just a fish story. Sorry, fishing rulez. Your second picture looks bigger than the first bow.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
That's my point

Sometimes angles are funny......but unless you put a tape on it it's just a fosh story. Sorry, fishing rulez. Your second picture looks bigger than the first bow.
I completely agree; the second looks quite a bit bigger despite being smaller. Oh well. All good to me - it's a rush to pull a fish like that through a hole.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
I completely agree; the second looks quite a bit bigger despite being smaller. Oh well. All good to me - it's a rush to pull a fish like that through a hole.

:biggrin1: way to not be a sally and get all butt hurt.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Nice fish. Skin must be thicker than others.....you might make it. Look forward to more posts.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Nice fisheez... I buy the 26"... Next time remember to stiff arm the **** out of your fish... Put it right up to the camera, then you can call your legit 26 a 40".

And hide your hands behind the fish. My 33" Mack I caught at Granby was actually a 9 incher with a wicked stiffer.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts