Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well about a week ago Grumpy PMed me to ask if I wanted to join him, his dad, and Elkdeerbear on the Mile for a little fishing. So as it goes: I decided sure! My bro & I left Pueblo around 4:00am and meet Gills and the bunch, at the parking lot, around 6:30 or so? Walked out on some friggin'-wicked-slippery ice and started fishing before sunup. Ice was about 20" or so...but danged if there still wasn't some open water in places! (With ducks of course...no ducks here for ever during the hunting season...now that it is over...they are STILL on a friggin' mostly frozen lake: go figure??) Soon thereafter drilling holes, I know everybody started getting hits [they'll give yall' the skinny once everybody chimes in]. I had my first, second, third pretty fast: but they were all little guys, so back down the hole they went. Njh hooked a real nice fish, after giving a good fight, he landed it. A sweet 19 1/2in Rainbow! Soon after he hooked another nice fish, with some help from Gills & his gaff, a nice 15 1/2in Cutt! Well, yeah...he out did me this time! :D He also got one other nice Cutt around 17in too. We fished til almost Noon, lots of bites, quite a few landed, all in all a really good day at the Mile!! Most were caught on Kasty's tipped for us...that and my trusty orange jig.

Totals for us were 5 for Njh, & 6 for me (we kept three). Grumpy & his dad got 14+?? Not sure about Elkdeerbear and his friends? But they'll let ya' know.

Nice to meet/fish with you guys!! Till next time: tight lines & warm hands..
Here is the pictures from Gills, Elkdeerbear, and us..

Njh with his two nice, 19 1/2in & 15 1/2, Trout..

Pat with a nice fat 18in Bow.

Elkdeerbear, his dad, & Jerry...with their 21in, 19in, 18in Trout.

Grumpy and his dad's totals for the day..

D.J.

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
first off let me say it was great to fish with u again EDB. another adventure of success, we might have to welcome you to the team. i didnt know what was going on at my first holes, its like i had weeds and my finder was markin fish at 2 feet... hmm.... did it at my other holes too. nice to FINALLY fish with ya DJ and brother, man yall almost look like twins..... yea i can believe ur bro foul hooked that cutty, must of missed the bite and he swam over it, and yeah that ice was CLEAR in spots and slippery as heck, i even had my cleats on and still fell when i came with the gaff, i think EDB took a spill too once, man that was so funny- his automatic fisherman would go off, u would see haul arss out of the hut and set the hook, bells a jingle'n- and its a slimer. LOL still awesome fun. dad only ended up with 1 fish today, i didnt have anything over 14inches ALL day, jerry smoked us all with that 21 bow, and i still cant believe they put 30k of stockers in there, half of what we cought were "snake river cutthroats" that was really cool to see. then when EDB and his crew packed up i started to site fish, threw my coat over my head and watched down the hole, threw a minnow lookin jig down and twitched it till one would come by, they would come in FAST and they would nip at it then they were gone, jig it again and they would do the same, just swipen at it 4 or 5 times, then i look over and what do i see a MASSIVE 30inch plus pike crused right up to my jig, no more than 2inches away from it, he sat there for a good 30sec weather i twitched it or not, then casually swam away, had that happen with another pike but he was only about 20 inches or so, we stayed longer cause we wanted to enjoy the day, i think the feed supply is still way up cause this time of year they should be slammin that jig just not light bites. i will prob go next week again, great fun and thanks to everyone- jeff..... u finally used the nightcrawler ;D and it worked. i got a few pics to include

i just so happened to be the camera man today

beautiful 11 mile

EDB

pat landin a trout

and one of my many slimers

and it was the blue and silver kasty for me as well mixed with something pink on the other pole.

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
Where's a freakin moderator when ya need a fat one? Good post...even better pics. EDB and dad pic's way cool. I don't have a dad.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Should of titled this one KICKING ASS IN COLORADO!! >:D Was nice to meet dj and njh. Sorry we didn't get to talk to you to much guys. Man I must of had 20 bites I missed this morning, real light hits today. Finally got some on the Automatic Fisherman, think 6 bows. I got 9, kept 1. Jerry got 6 and Dad got 4, kept 1 each. Bronze Kastmaster and red Scudbug worked for me. Tried a couple other lures also. Lets do it again guys.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Sounds like a great time and day. Jeff, now that you got a little slime on the auto fisherman, it should be broken in now. :D Congrats!

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Grumpies Guide Service...move over Larry...nice job fellas...

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone for the replies! And yeah, if anyone ever wants to try and meet up out there, send a PM and I'll see if I can make it.

D.J.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts