Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So me and my buddy are going to be going up to Denver tomorrow we have limited time and we wanted to fish up there since we've never fish any of the lakes which would you all recommend I'm not asking for spots on lakes what to use none of that we can figure it out, just would like to know which lake is recommended??

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Not cherry creek, with limited time your likely not to have much luck at first. I'd go to chatfield if I were you

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm in to catch anything doesn't matter to me I just love to fish and I don't want to pass the opportunity up to fish considering I'll have some time up there before I head back

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
From my personal experience cherry creek sucks, im sure it doesn't suck once you learn the lake but you only having one day and you want to catch fish I wouldn't go there. There plenty of places in the are other than cherry creek or chatfield.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't really know Denver much I just knew those are two lakes I hear about any other lake suggestions then? I guess we'll probably try for bass or walleye mostly.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
If you wanna go for bass I would go to quincy reservoir, you"ll have much better chance there. Its about 7 minutes down the road from cherry creek

·
Registered
433 Posts
X3 for Quincy. Cherry Creek is a tough lake to master. 3 I know were out today, and they know it as good or better than most, worked their rods to death, and only 2 short eyes to show for it. Im heading to Boyd, the crappies, and whites are on fire.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts