Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got to granby around 4 and snagged six kokes in the lake, i also went to the canal and caught 1 koke on my slip bobber and pink jig, took some video of below the spillway, i could sit and look and the water and watch the kokes swiming around, its all closed because the dow is geting prepared for the actual run from granby, if you want to get into some kokes i suggest granby there is alot running

·
Registered
702 Posts
Hey King-Where in Granby were the kokes being snagged? In your opinion would it be worth a trip this weekend? (10-23/24)

·
Registered
279 Posts
Do you think it is possible to catch kokanee on lures and jigs during the snagging season, or do the refuse to feed because they are running?

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes it is possible ive caught hundreads of spawners with lures and jigs this year, in the canal the spawners were hiting my jigs, they will hit out of defense, not hunger alot of people misunderstand kokanee dont feed when they spawn they are just aggressive to strike out something that is in thier face, orange kastmasters and pink tasmanaians work very well and for jigs a orange tubes and pink tubes, i hefta say my favorite spoon for spawning kokes is the orange kastmaster

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i use three inch tubes, i like the orange and pinks, i fish them slowly , kokanee dont have much of a bite, its more dead weight then nothing, i jig up and down then when my line gets tight i set the hook

·
Registered
279 Posts
Sorry to bother, but what kind of lures did you use? I have only ever gone koke fishing at Carter, so I don't know much!! ???

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
kasmasters, tasmanaian devils, arnies , krocidiles are great for jigging, fatfish have you ever done any good at carter ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts