Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
,but I love it through the ice or in the boat!! ;D Went out to try fishing after reading a report online about the good shore fishing. Jerry joined me in taking the fishing poles for a walk. Was gonna go duck hunting but it warmed up again. We tried worms, Powerbait, and flies. Not even a bite. Think next time I go to the E-mile, I'll be walking on water. Come on ice age. I'm hoping for Dec. 1st ice like last winter. Already got my ice rods ready with new line. Dad's getting a new auger. Ours died after 15 years of service.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
I'm ready for ice too, but I'm also ready for spring ;D

Thanks again for recommending that one Steamboat area lake to us. We fished it again late September, and caught a ton!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm going to be putting new line on my ice poles soon. Picked up some Berkley Trilene Big Game Mono 10 lb 1500 yd Green. I hope I didn't overdo it with the 10 pound. I think I usually go with the 4 or 6 lb, but I keep thinking that I may hook a real monster.
I also need to do some repairs to the floor of the ice hut if I remember correctly. I think it was kind of falling apart a little.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts