Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was only one of three parties fishing Friday and had the lake and stream all to my self seemed like. Managed 2 fish 1 brown and one rainbow, had about 10 hits in 3 hours of fishing. Tried the Bear Creek inlet and the lake. Only saw a couple of big swirls, don't now what kind of fish they were...most likly muskies, since they were quite big.

TH

·
Registered
24,590 Posts
Re: 10/28 Evergreen Lake

Nice job TH...thanks for the report...you must be working lots havent seen you out or at Harriman...been wondering what youre up to...Broncos win easily tomorrow...so record it and go fishing!...I have been thinking about Evergreen...

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fished with 1/2 baby nightcrawlers under a bobber...floating.

Z since I know you are still going out to Harriman I will see you out there one of these night before it gets to cold when only idiots are out there frezzing our their butts off. ;)

Will be heading to Glenwood Springs (via a detour to Spinney) for work in about 10 days and will post once I get back. Plan to stop alot and try a few casts at as many open water fishing spots as I can going through the mountains..

By the way does anyone have any suggestions for a morning fishing trip close to Glenwood? Where and what to use? will only using spinning gear this trip.

TH

Broncos 49
eagirls 21

·
Registered
24,590 Posts
TH

nice to hear from ya...

Z since I know you are still going out to Harriman I will see you out there one of these night before it gets to cold when only idiots are out there frezzing our their butts off.
...I have a lot to freeze off...I think Joe's is frozen solid from tonight...will be out there Halloween night to see if a Musky might like the treats I have to offer...sooner or later...

By the way does anyone have any suggestions for a morning fishing trip close to Glenwood? Where and what to use? will only using spinning gear this trip.
...why not fish the Colorado along the walking path/bike trail coming into town in the canyon...I would use some size 11 floating Rapalas in rainbow flavor...the browns will go nuts for them...embellish them with a red stripe down both sides with a red sharpie...and add some black dots with a black one...it gives them a little different look the fish havent seen before...and they seem to lock into the red stripe...give their gill area a little more red too...take some eigth ounce curly tail grubs with jig heads...white works well for me...or any other color you like...those Rapals will swim in and out of the rocks...you should get some monsters...good luck!!!

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
z,

The trip is still a few days off so I will have time to stock up with stuff to try out there. I have never fished the colorado I have heard good things on this forum...that might be the way to go right out side town...I am assuming east of glennwood in the canyon is where you are talking about. Thanks for the info Z.

TH

1 - 7 of 7 Posts