Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've finally broke the 100th post barrier, so I thought I'd put up a few pics to entertain everyone -enjoy! I look forward to the next 100 ;D

This bass came from a pond that was 30s from my house in Ft. Collins. I could put a pizza in the oven and go catch a few bass before it was done.

pretty little greenback

had to throw in a Redfeather brown

my wife - catching bigger fish than me (again)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
100th Post

I grew up in Oregon, and I really miss the fishing out there!  I'm sure that the fishing here in Colorado is better than a lot of other places, but it doesn't even remotely compare to what I grew up with.  I could catch 6lb trout, 10 lb steelhead, 10 lb bass, and 40 lb salmon, all less than 30 minutes from my house, and with not a single person in site! Here's some pics from out west -enjoy. 

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Beautiful fish! But when you catch fish like that don't make us wait till post 200 to see them!

Dan

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
If anyone wants to buy my wife is what i saw first and i was like wow didnt think this was one of those sites

but those are some nice fish pics

and if anyone knows his wife they need to tell her to pack her bags he is selling her ;D ;D

D

·
0 Posts
basshunter said:
If anyone wants to buy my wife and I a plane ticket to Oregon for Christmas I'd be happy to play steelhead guide for a couple of days  ;)
Ahhh......

There's no head like steelhead !!!

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
jk any place that is coastal has better fishing than inland places in general. We have decent fishing in CO however. Ya just have to know the secret spots.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Basshunter --- you hit 100 post awhile ago !  Alot of your posts a worth about 10  ;D  Nice Pics. I don't think I'll catch anything like that out of Estes, but I have to go fish NOW after seeing those. Thanks.

P.S. love the background of the nice bow photo. If you get the job (20 mins away), make sure there's room in your yard for a couple of tents !

M

·
0 Posts
nice fish man, i cant wait to show u guys the fish i know were gonna catch when me and my buds haul back down to texas after graduation

bass ponds near houston, reds and specs in rockport, portaransas, cant wait baby!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Not bad fish basshunter ;) im also from the NW what part of oregon. thanks you just made me home sick :(after seeing those pics. the good news is that i am heading home for x-,mas just for the steelhead fishing dont tell the wife she thinks we are going home spend qt with the fam. little does she know ;) if you buy my ticket i will be the guide already have 20ft alumaweld sled. congrats on the 100th post. James

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hahaha, my wife's not for sale - sorry for the confusion.

I just read through my text again and it kinda sounds like I'm puttin' down CO...that's not what I meant at all! I actually left Oregon cuz I was tired of catching the same old thing every year. Since I've been in Colorado I've caught wipers, tiger muskies, pike, grayling, greenback/colorado river/rio grande cutthroats, lake trout, big browns, walleye, saugeye, channel cats, largemouth/smallmouth bass, perch, and kokanee. Most of which don't even exist in Oregon. It a great thing to have to decide what to fish for every day.

BND - I'm from S. Oregon, Medford area. Amen to fishing from a sled!!! Things are changing fast down there. If you listen carefully you can hear the sound of Californians slamming their U-haul doors shut and heading north :'(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts