Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Went into the high country, up above 10K this past Saturday, and had a lot of fun figuring out the Trout Bite in the snow! It was cold rain at lower elevations and no one wants to fish in that, so I figured heading into the mountains to fish in the snow was a better idea!

The snow was off and on most of the afternoon while I was fishing but it was a comfortable low 30's so I didn't mind at all...First two and a half hours went by with a few small taps and a fish getting off (Using 2" swimbaits on a 1/16ozjig), switched a few patterns and went to a pop-sink type method, only reeling to get slack...This was what the trout wanted and I proceeded to land 11 in my last hour of fishing
馃槂
馃帲
Got some fun drone shots during the breaks in the storm, made the lake look even cooler imo; and also got some release shots of the trout I caught.

Ice was starting to form around lakes above 10K, drove past several, but nothing near being close to ice fish...Itching for some hardwater soon!! Hope you guys enjoy though!!

https://youtu.be/Sd6R5ywFYrI

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Great video as usual, that's some hardcore fishing but it sure did pay off with some good action.
I appreciate that! It was fun to get out and enjoy the bad weather...Gotta get acclimated for ice season lol. Figuring out the bite was really nice though, glad to get into some solid action up there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts