Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband and I got to the mile and started fishing about 1:30pm in 8-9 FOW in the Witchers cove area. By 2 pm the fish were biting. Jeff caught a nice 19" bow on a nightcrawler on a #4 hook. Not 5 minutes later (he didn't have his second pole back in the water yet from the last fish) he had another good hit and missed the fish. The same fish came after my silver kasty tipped with wax worms and fish on! Got the fish all the way up to the hole and lost it! It was probably a good 4 lb fish. Jeff ended up with a very wet arm trying to save the fish. Oh well...I caught another 3 fish, all stockers. All in all was a good trip, we left at about 6pm when the sun went down. Excited to have my uncle coming up for some fishing this next weekend. Hope the fishing will be as good as it was yesterday!

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Plan on going back there this Thursday. Took last week off after the past couple of trips. Been beating up on the stockers.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Nice action on the trout there, especially for a fishing trip that started at 1:30 PM. I usually don't have much luck there after noon. One of my friends has talked me into doing one more ice trip to Antero. I'll have to try to steer him toward 11 Mile. I'm tired of Antero.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe we'll see you there! :) I hope you do better this week Jeff. We'll be there Friday afternoon and Saturday with my uncle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts