Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit 11 Mile last night with Jeff for about an hour after work, give or take. Fished the Howbert Point area. Jeff didn't catch anything, he missed a couple of bites. They were hitting really lightly. I caught a bow around 15-16 inches and released it so he could grow up. As it was getting dark, I hooked into a nice brown, 19 1/2" and 3lbs 10 oz. Both fish were caught on nightcrawlers. Was windy but thankfully the wind died down a little by evening!

Pic posted below:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sswan, this isn't my mount from last year, that one is almost twice as big, this was caught last night! This was "fresh fish" for the smoker! Lol! ;D Still waiting to get my 6 lber back, should be soon now!

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Nice!...yeah it looks bigger than the length you stated...

It does look mounted...must just be frozen...kewl colors...

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Wow, nice brown trout there Wendi. Think I was suppossed to catch him Thursday morning. ::) ;) Was the wind still real bad? Plan on getting one of those at Taylor or Blue Mesa.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone, wished I could say he was bigger but thats what he measured! The wind had died down alot by evening. Sorry you didn't catch him earlier Jeff, appreciate you leaving him there for me to catch though! ;D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts