Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i did a dumb assed thing and headed to the lake without my pack full of jigs! went to the store a 6 am aqnd it was not open. waited until 6:15. no one. said the heck with it and fished stoll mtn with what was on my rods.
caught 3 rb's 17-19" lost one at the hole and had lots of hits early, that i missed. caught 2 in 14FOW and one in 17 Fow. really wanted to try for salmon but the salmon jig box was in my pack too. well,at least the day wasn't a skunker. all glow rat finke and a small red jig were the answer. all on waxies. got to get there and hit the salmon. anyone catch any? where?

·
Registered
527 Posts
We fished Coyote ridge Saturday 1/28 and did well in 25' of water on kokanee, best color was orange in any type of jig. People around us were catching them also. The bite was pretty light as they didn't hit it real hard though.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I was out there the same day but we got skunked.  Got there way to late but still had a few bites.  From what I gathered talking to people out there it was a tough day.  I only know of one other person that was out there that iced any thing (he got a really nice football sized rainbow)Might have talked to you, we were the guys in the fish trap and clam shelters.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Ark fisher I think you need to keep a box of lures in you truck at all times just in case. Good thing you still had the ones on your pole.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I was there on Sunday morning at Stoll and had my limit by 7:55. I was in 14FOW and fished with Rat Finkies and mealworms. I threw back 2 fish that were right around 16" trying to get a bigger one to finish off, but after I released that 2nd one it went totally dead around 8:30. Kept trying, but the bigger one just didn't happen.... Oh well!!!

Tim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts