Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eric and I fished hard all day for Pike to no avail :mad: We tried shallow weeds, flats and all my favorite rocky areas along the islands and the northern bays and never even saw a pike. We tried Swimbaits. Spinnerbaits, Jerkbaits, every kind of soft plastic I have and finally trolling deep divers along the islands. Nothing!

Finally about 6:00 PM we ran up to the inlet end to fish for trout. Eric caught two small pike on a big twister and I got a 19" Bow on a jig. At least we din't get skunked, if that is any consilation?

Water is about 56 degrees.

·
Registered
16,651 Posts
You beat the skunk,dude! Thats always a big deal.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
I was wondering who from the board might be out there. Did you see my boat? Glenn, Quickrelease, and I fished Saturday evening and Sunday morning. We saw several boats casting along the rocks. We were trolling trying to catch some big Kokanee, we only put one spawner in the boat. We did catch 4 or 5 smaller Kokanee, 3 18-20 inch rainbows, and 8 or so pike. Most hammer handles and axe handles, 2 went 5-6 lbs caught casting in the the inlet end. We were frusturated too, kinda slow, still better than working.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I was out there with some friends from work. We didnt catch anything but thats cause no body in the boat wanted to go to the inlet/west side. Instead they went down by the dam and tried to jig for the deep salmon. I told them that they were not going to catch anything but they didnt want to let it go. So, since they were playing with the new fish finder, i dropped a lure behind the boat, right under the transducer and screwed with them for a while (they had it in fish ID mode so anything it picked up was a fish symbol).

I finally convenced them to go over to witchers cove to try and catch some pike, but no luck.

Nice waist of a day.

Saw the flight for life helicopter..

Next time i'll have to hook up with someone who knows how to fish this reservoir, let me know, i'll help out with gas...

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw the Helacopter also! We were in Erics green and white Starcraft.

We didn't find the pike till we went up into the inlet end, but they were small handles. Usually in the fall I find them around the islands and the rock points in the bays across from the islands. This time they weren't there?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts