Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick report here. Husband & I went up to the Mile after work Friday for a couple hours from about 3:30-6:30. We had one fish after the other, all on crawlers of power bait. It was crazy, so crazy we had to leave so we wouldn't be illegal. We left with 5 fish, only one under 16", the rest were all between 17" and 20". We let a couple go back and brought the rest home to fillet. Had trout almondine sat. nite and OMG it was sooo good paired with some awesome pomegranite wine. Wow!

We went back Sunday with my 70y/o stepdad and mom who had a blast. My stepdad got so excited catching a couple 20" fish. He was grinning like a little kid, ear to ear! My husband caught a nice 19" cutbow and I caught 2 20" fish as well. One bow and one fat brown. my husband spent most of his time assisting my step dad so he gave up some of his fishing time. Was a good weekend at the mile and all the smiles were well worth it.
Shore fishing at the Mile right now is incredible....sorry no pics this time, the battery died. Next time.

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
Personally I hate that lake. Will continue to hate that lake. Refuse to fish that lake off the shore, hate that lake, hate that lake. Has done nothing but kick my teeth in all season. Good on you, you started out the season strong n finished up strong...personally I hate that lake! Did I mention...I hate that lake?

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Haven't heard from you in a while. I've been there a few times in the past couple weeks. All I got was the middle fin and lost one fish. We suck at shore fishing there. I'll take the ice or boat any day there. Where's the secret spot? I'm waiting on the ICE. ;D We did excellent in the boat this summer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts