Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hitting witchers cove or shitter point in morning first ice trip this year cant wait. Im taking a newbie from new jersey on his first ice trip hope to see some pigs be even better to get some pics of some pigs.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Good luck!! Hope you get into a few and get your friend hooked... not literally ;) lol

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Holy crikey never in my thirteen years of fishing 11 mile have i been so skunked. 6:45am-12:45pm witchers cove fished off the boat ramp in 7' 21' and 11' of water did not mark or see one single fish. 5" of ice at best seemed a little thicker out at the deeper holes. I know its not much but thats the best report i can do gona sleep it off till spring i guess good luck.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Skunks suck. Especially when you're taking a new guy out.

Shoulda hit the OG on the way home so he could pull some brookies through the ice at LEAST. :)

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
West end had 6-8 inches yesterday close to shore, ice got thinner quickly as I tried to go out a little deeper. No action in the deeper water so I came back in shallow. Lot's of pressure ridges so don't be in a hurry to get where you are going. Especially coming back in, deep wet snow makes for slow pulling. Fishing was slow all morning, at least for me. I finally saw some some movement on the vex about 12:30pm and got three fatties, two on a kastmaster and the other on a jig.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Glad someone got em i think im gona fish north side more stoll mtn to be exact always hit south side areas because its closer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts