Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a good day fishing, fished with Kajitan, we iced 12 fish. We took home 3 each, 20 1/2", 18 1/2, (2) 17" and (2) just under 16". Lost a few also.
Fished in 15', with our jigs 1' off the bottom, tipped with waxworms.
Wind was rough, about 10:30 a good storm came in, snowed and blew for about 20 min., it then cleared up and just stayed windy.
Glad we hooked up Jeff, had a good time, and nice to meet you and your son, captHook. How was Tarryall?
Take Care and have a good New Year

·
Registered
82 Posts
Most definitely. Thanks again for the tips and good time.

I just finished cleaning the fish and found some unusal things. The 18incher had a rock the size of a breaker marble in it's stomach along with a ton of green shrimp. That fatty was prego and I saved a bunch of roe. The last one was missing it's left pectoral fin, something I didn't catch on the ice.

Anyways, I will try to put up some pics tomorrow...

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
were the "green shrimp" scuds, or actual shrimp? as far as i know 11 mile doesnt have mysis..and ive never seen a freshwater shrimp in colorado to the best of my knowledge...post some pics if you can, im curious....

F

·
0 Posts
I was at sucker cove for the wind storm, almost all day...had my girlfriend and a friend out there. The shack was warm but i felt bad for my buddy so we packed it up. Where were u guys? I only saw ONE fish come through on the finder, and we were watching it in the hole... I think sucker cove is dead, i was in 12.5 fow... Im thinking you were at stoll...?

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
I have it on good authority they were scuds...olive little guys...size 14 down to 16...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Like Zman pointed out they were scuds. That was the only stomach contents other then the rock.

Both reddish (dead skins) and the olive colored fresh ones were present. Probably why green and orange Ratsos worked so well. I was wondering if Shrimpos might produce even better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts