Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iced 11-mile with 2 friends.Fished near sucker cove ice was 3.5 to 4 inches. Fished 8am till 3 pm. One friend caught 3 dead kokes and a 17" bobo. Trout was on a crawdad shaped plastic,kokes on a green lazer.I had 3 bites in 7 hrs. Other friend had 4 bites. Weather wasnt too bad,after driving through a blizzard all the way. It snowed a little,but seemed to go around us all day.Only inlet end was frozen,lots of open water everywhere else. We could only safely fish a small area.Another week and the inlet end should be real solid.I'll post pics later.

·
Registered
24,590 Posts
Re: 11-mile 12-3

Slayer...3 dead kokes??...snagging?

·
Registered
24,590 Posts

That is Slayerfish for Rainbows...I think he caught them in his crib when he was born and that is how he pronounced it...and it stuck!!

·
Registered
1,636 Posts

I can't believe what I just read! Slayer only had 4 bites?? I never though I would use skunk and Slayer in the same sentence. I guess it even happens to the best of us.

Y

·
0 Posts

That's why 11-mile is my favorite place to fish...you never know whats going to happen. However, if slayer got the skunk you know its slow. Thanks for the report slayer, I was thinking of heading up there on the 10th but I might hit Tarryall to get the equipment loosened up and get the wife and nephew into some action to get them excited for the season.

·
Registered
943 Posts

slayer is just saving it for the 17th. then he is going to give us a clinic ;D

·
Registered
2,927 Posts

how's the ice pikefishing at eleven mile?

·
Registered
16,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

zman said:
That's slayerfish for old,black,spawned out kokes that should be dead but they dont know any better. They were caught on jigs.

·
Registered
16,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
JohnnyO19 said:
Do they still taste O.K.?
I dont know-we leave 'em on the ice for the raptors.It brings good karma!

·
Registered
16,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just noticed that this thread has 530 reads-Boy I bet its gonna be crowded at 11-mile this weekend! Hey I'll be there. It's time to SLAY!

·
Registered
16,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mustang said:
im pretty sure its not a joke, but the eagles appreciate it  ;D
No-its not a joke! Why would anybody have a problem with feeding the single most identifiable symbol of freedom in the free world?

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
SLAYERFISH said:
zman said:
That's slayerfish for old,black,spawned out kokes that should be dead but they dont know any better. They were caught on jigs.
Are these kind of like 'zombie kokes"? Sort of a "Lake of the Living Dead Kokes?"

Dan

M

·
0 Posts
SLAYERFISH said:
Mustang said:
im pretty sure its not a joke, but the eagles appreciate it  ;D
No-its not a joke! Why would anybody have a problem with feeding the single most identifiable symbol of freedom in the free world?
i dunno, but on that note, the only bald eagle ive seen in the wild was on my way to ice 11mile last year just past lake george, beautiful

1 - 20 of 20 Posts