Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lazy day as we got to the East end of 11 mile at 8:06. Dry dirt road and no snow in sight. Coming up to the lake, we could see a large amount of open water toward the middle of the lake. It looked like some fresh ice on many parts of the East end. We went to our regular spot and it had 12" of ice 30 foot off shore and in 9 feet of water. Clear hard ice. Very clear water. It took my buddy all of 10 minutes to pull up a 1 lb brown trout. A slow bite, maybe an hour later, I got the next one a 3 1/3 pound Rainbow. Another hour or so later, my friend pulled up a nice Cutthroat. Pink and Chartreuse 1" tube jigs with wax worms or mill worms did the trick. We could see the stormy weather coming in, the wind picked up and ended up blowing us off the lake. Coming back to the Springs, the snow really started coming down.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Nice! Good to hear you guys got into some fish. Me and my two son's were out there that same day fishing Witchers Cove and got skunked. My auger would not run and I ended up having to borrow a hand auger from another fisherman out there. If he's on here I really appreciate you letting me borrow your auger. Ended up drilling holes out too deep and never saw a fish. It was nice to be out though. The drive back to Denver really sucked though. Took us 4 1/2 hours to get home.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Lew, that sounds like a lot of fun. NOT!!! No fish and a 4.5 hour drive through the snow to boot. I think I'd rather go to the dentist.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts