Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to 11 Mile yesterday. Weather was nice in the morning. Wind came up a little after noon and then started snowing. Driving home was an adventure.

Caught a bunch of fish. Best day ever at the Mile. Only kept 1. Want to give others a chance to wrestle some of those big guys. We were on the south side. Everything seemed to catch fish. Don't know if it was due to the front coming in or what, but much better than the typical catch for us.

Ice conditions really varied from about 6-7 inches to open water. If you go up there be extremely careful. It may be frozen over now, but may have just a skim of ice, especially around pressure ridges and cracks. The water was blowing on top of the ice where we were fishing and we had to move in order to avoid getting wet feet. Then it turned colder and the wind switched so I don't think that open water got much bigger.

The ranger told me a guy went through last week. Drilled and it was 6 inches. Moved over a few feet and went through. Hopefully the cold of the next 3 days will continue so we can get some uniform ice. Be careful out there.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Thanks for the update and info! I love it when you hit the right time and place.

Wouldn't kill some of you lurkers to thank a guy for posting a report.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Thanks for the info. I had -11 this morning and right now is already -10. Should help the ice alot at Antero and the mile. ;D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the support Alpine. You're welcome. Maybe next time I'll post a picture where I'm landing an Asian Carp or a snakehead and really get the thread cooking. ;)

EDB - glad to hear it is cold up there now. It's still +9 here in Co Springs at my place. I hope it hangs on long enough to put a lid on some of the front range lakes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts