Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got there early about 4 A.M., first fish caught about 4:15. Caught 14 total, kept (3), 20",19", and 15 1/2". Caught a larger one, but aready had my two, 16" or over. Most fish were caught by 8:30, took almost an hour to catch the last one(10:45), couldn't go home catching 13, probably would have gotten a ticket or something.
Fished in 14 feet of water, at Stoll Mountain, used Ratsos and waxworms/mealworms. The fish were not biting very hard, had to really watch the strike indicators, the Vexilar was a big help, as you knew when they were in the area and you could be ready to set the hook.
Nice pictures Kajitan, thanks for posting.
Happy New Year

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
We (#1 and #2 sons) went to 11-mile this am fished from 7a-noon. Was at sucker cove. moved around alot trying different depths, presentations etc. Unable to tell if we were over any fish because we took my wifes car for a change and left sonar in my car. Saw very few fish being iced by others. Lots of people on the ice, more arriving at noon very few left.

Weather beautiful, breezy but not overly, my #2 son caught a runaway shelter.

Tried paddle bugs, waxies, mealworms, crawlers, powerbait, rat finkes...........nothing. We kept a couple of whole suckers on 2 of the rods looking for a stray pike. Nothing.

That lake always beats me up. Thats ok, one of these days i will figure it out.

Dan

·
Registered
109 Posts
Dan, don't feel bad. My daughter and I fished Fri. A.M. in the same spot as born2fsh1 and got skunked. Same place, same bait, same time and nothing! Some people have the touch.
Elevenmile gets me too. I've fished right next to people who have caught wall hanger trout and close to a state record Pike, and I'll catch stocker sized Trout or nothing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts