Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for Kokanee in front of marina out by the pressure ridge. I started around 7 and left that area around 11. Only seen one school on my Vex but no hits. I moved in close to shore and caught as few stockers.

There was some open water near shore when I started. Was able to get out with out any problem. Just need to be carful.The ice was approx. 12/14" thick by the pressure ridge and getting soft. By 10/11 the ice was real noisy and the water was bobbing in my hole. Since not seeing anything, time to move closer to shore. I left around 3 and the shore area had opened much more. There was less and less places to exit. I had heard that the ice condition was much better down by Wichers Cove but can not confirm.

I do not plan to venture out for kokanees due to the deteriorating ice conditions but will try for a few trout in some of the cove areas. Ice fishing at 11 mile is about over!!!

Anyone going out needs to use extreme care and be aware that you may not be able to cross to shore later in the day that you used in the morning. Do be careful!!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Thanks for the report. Hoping to get out there for this last weekend on the ice before calling it quits. Sounds like it may be getting a little scarey out there.

·
Registered
336 Posts
PLEASE be careful when you go onto the ice! Be prepared for the possibility of falling through. My buddy was at Antero on Sunday and fell through the ice where the water is about 15 feet deep. He was lucky there was a fisherman close by to help him get out. We don't need any heartbreaking stories this year about people losing family members.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Yearnin-fer Naknek said:
PLEASE be careful when you go onto the ice! Be prepared for the possibility of falling through. My buddy was at Antero on Sunday and fell through the ice where the water is about 15 feet deep. He was lucky there was a fisherman close by to help him get out. We don't need any heartbreaking stories this year about people losing family members.
Yep, you folks had a nice ice fishing season.

Now get your butts off and quit pushing it.

I don't ice fish, but I don't want to read about any of you going through on the news websites or see it on TV.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts