Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished between sucker cove and lazyboy all day.Caught 6,all bos,3-12",1-15 3/4",1-17",1-20".Most on powerbait around noon.

M

·
0 Posts
nice -- sounds like you had about the same luck as myself -- thanks again for the tips last week -- sucker cove was the place to be

·
Registered
16,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cant wait till we get the boat up there!I had some friends fishing at witchers on sat and they got skunked!

M

·
0 Posts
I wandered around and talked to several people and most said they caught nothing or only a stocker or two.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Nice job Slayer! I was in the canyon and slaughtered 'em on size 16 BWO's (dries!). Too much fun.

Hopefully your friends were not on the ice in Witchers - or is there any left?

T

·
0 Posts
hey slayerfish-
i always see your pictures - seems you keep many of your fish you catch?  do you eat them?  if so, how do you prepare them.  just curious, never have had trout, only walleye, perch, crappie.
thanks,
tomcat

·
Registered
16,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I eat loads of trout-thats how I stay so young and good looking!Anyway,either that night or the next morning I will fillet everything I caught-boneless fillets wrapped individually then frozen except for some that I keep out to eat soon.I do keep a lot of fish,but I'm picky,only orange-meated trout will do.Also my mom and family love it.I dont bread the trout,justfry in olive oil or grill it with spices(black pepper,lemon pepper,chili powder,seasoned salt,garlic powder).Maybe some teriyaki splashed over the fillet when its almost done.Cook for 5 mins skin side down,then flip and remove the skin(should come right off),cokk 4 or 5 mins and flip again just to grill the de-skinned side. Yum! The key is good orange trout to start with,none of that white stocker cr*p!! Later-

T

·
0 Posts
cool. i wondered about the orange flesh. i thought trout would have been white. i caught a few on lake john this past december and kept them for someone at work. when i field cleaned them (head cut off and gutted) they were really orange. i was surprised. why are they that color? scuds? wild?
the way you detail the cooking makes me ready to head home and make a trout dinner!- yum!
we should get a reciepe post going?

D

·
0 Posts
tomcat said:
when i field cleaned them (head cut off and gutted) they were really orange.  i was surprised.  why are they that color?  scuds? wild?
Didn't I teach you anything???  ::) 
Diet. Diet. Diet!!  Freshwater shrimp, crawdads and other good "wild stuff".

·
Registered
24,511 Posts
Not to mention that trout are members of the Salmonidae family...related to Salmon...

And foods such as scuds that are rich in carotene...give trout their orange flesh color...carrots get their color from carotene too...but dont eat scuds...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts