Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Elevenmile 4/5/11. Arrived at 9am (wife and kids enjoy banker's hours ;)). Upon first sight of the lake, it was obvious that the water was rough with white caps appearing all over the water surface. I decided to put in anyways. Loaded the kids and wife into the boat and set off for some fishing. Well, the fishing part didn't really happen! :mad: I tried to find a calmer spot on the water to set the kids' rods up and just couldn't. I decided to attempt some drift fishing with bait and had the rods in the water for ten minutes before the real wind came. It began to gust out of the South and Southwest @ 40-50 mph. The wife prolly crapped her pants - gonna check tonight! >:D At this point, I decided it was time to go so I headed for the dock in the cove. It was rough in the cove too - all out madness. For reference of water conditions - I was taking water over the transom in an 1850 Lund Tyee. The day was not a total loss though. I learned a lot more about my boat and how to handle extreme conditions and enjoyed the time with my wife and kids. I did get one piece of valuable info to share though. The surface water temperature was 38.6 on the West end of the lake.

W

·
0 Posts
That's a bummer that it didn't pan out. Sounds like you have the boat to get the job done though!

·
Registered
16,533 Posts
Yeah the wind has been howling up there for a full month now. I'm gonna wait till it warms up some to take my boat there. Prolly mid-May.

·
Registered
525 Posts
LONGHORN, how the hell have you been?! Good to see you getting back out there! I am still up to going with you one of these days if cool with you. Keep in touch man!

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stunna980 said:
LONGHORN, how the hell have you been?! Good to see you getting back out there! I am still up to going with you one of these days if cool with you. Keep in touch man!
Doing good bro! Glad to be done with school and back to pounding the water. We definitely need to hook up. I'll give you a call this weekend.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Sounds like you need some "wave wackers" if for nothing else than loading the boat in those hurricane winds.... I've done the same at GLENDO a few times more often than I needed to........ all for the sake of catching a few Fillets of Eye....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts