Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was too sick to go to work so took boat and Todd to e-mile. Started at Coyote ridge at 730am and got a 13" bo on a bouyant.Fished Sucker cove missed a hit on drifted p-bait.Went to the inlet and in 4 ft of water never saw so many F****ing Carp.Musta been 200.Drug some jigs over there backs for some short-lived thrills.Went to Stoll Mtn. and each got a 15" bo on a smoke/clear 3"twister.Missed several.Cruised over to Lazy boy bay and started getting many hits on the bottom on twister.Finally hooked up to a 31.5",9.5lb pike!15 mins. later lost another about the same size.Had prolly 5 or 6 on for a second or two that felt like they coulda been good,just werent on long enough.They wre barely biting,just a dink,dink and then a heavy feeling.It was very windy which made it tougher to feel the hits.Final tally:the pike,8 bos,12-17"includind a 17"cutty by todd.I also missed a 20+" bo at the boat.Later-

·
Registered
440 Posts
Re: 11-mile 4-5,pics

Great Report Slayerfish. Compliments on your wonderful catches.

" Was too sick to go to work so took boat and Todd to e-mile. "-Slayerfish

I thought you were especially funny. Sorry to learn you were so ill. Condolences.

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I gave it to Todd,he is a budding taxidermist,and its going on his "Wall of death".I personally dont care for pike,but have several friends who do.Thanx, nawanda-I made a quick recovery!

·
Registered
118 Posts

That is a beautiful fish :eek: Man, I knew I felt a cold coming on. What a shame I will have to take a couple of days off from work ;),

·
Registered
6,542 Posts

SHe looks well fed to me?

That is a perfect example of why 11-Mile should not be lumped into the same category(limit) as Spinney.

·
Registered
405 Posts
THE SLAYER MAN NEEDS TO BE AWARDED KING OF THE HILL!!!

Nice fish Slayer well done!!

Slayer, you you do look like you're suffering from that 100 day cold that's been floating around Denver. I'm predicitng come Monday, you'll have a fever bout 104 degrees, and the only medicine is another dose of "FISHING".

Pete

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Colorado Fisherman Angler of the year runnings Slayerfish #1 and ePiC dead last
:p

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Slayer,

Nice fish. Did he bolt as soon as he saw the boat? What line/etc. ?

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The noname tourney is a ripoff,IMO.They only payout half of what they take in!I,ll use my entry fee to buy gas!or beer,or,or... It was an excellent fight,took off like a diesel,he freaked when he saw the boat,took off again,4th time to the boat todd netted 'em.I was using my normal 6lb trilene XL.No leader/wire.Cant wait to get back!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts