Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hit 11 mile today with a buddy. boated for 20 minutes and said screw that -- too windy to be any fun in a 14 footer

Hit Sucker Cove again and hooked into several fish. Only saw one other fish landed and most people I talked too got skunked -- something about hurricane force winds.
We landed 7 bows. lost 2 and missed several bites. the biggest I landed was 21" and is pictured below -- see if you can figure out which one. had to keep one stocker as I accidentally perfected a new way of gutting a trout without cutting into it. The other three we kept were 13", 14", and 15" used the ol standby -- PB on a size 18 treble. casted a little with a gold kastmaster -- no luck

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I haven't fished there since ice season. I didn't catch anything in three tries during the winter. I hear it is a difficult lake, but if you can figure it out, you will catch a lot of nice fish. Would it be worth the two and a hlaf hour drive to try from the shore?

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Mustang said:
I haven't fished there since ice season. I didn't catch anything in three tries during the winter. I hear it is a difficult lake, but if you can figure it out, you will catch a lot of nice fish. Would it be worth the two and a hlaf hour drive to try from the shore?
Well if you cant catch anything there, there is always Spinney and the South Platte between the 2 and the South Platte threw 11 mile canyon. No matter what you should almost always land a fish in one of those 4 areas.

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
If you can catch fish there, you can catch fish anywhere! Maybe I should write a song about that!Shore fishing can be outstanding at night(midnight till 7am).A calm,sunny day from the shore is usually brutal.The rewards can be worth it.If you get hooked on 11-mile,theres no hope for ya!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
11-mile is definitely worth the drive -- even if it is just for the scenery. I still have not got the kokes figured out on that lake, only catch a few, but they are worth it. as far as trout go I have been having a lot of luck on the bottom and don't cast to far out -- they are still hugging the shore.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts