Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CAUTION -- fish died to bring you this report.

11 mile is hoppin right now.
Took a friend there this saturday and we caught 20 or so fish and lost that many more.
about 70% rainbows and the rest were kokes.
most trout in the 15 inch range the biggest went 18 1/2"
All the Kokes were 2 year olds and most were in the 13 inch range -- kept a few in the 15 inch range
can't really go wrong on lure selection right now -- they were hitting most everything we trolled.
20 - 40 feet of water had the best action. trolled 10 - 30 feet down.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Great! I can hear PETA harping on the cruelness of fishing now! :)

Actually the stance that PETA takes on so many issues including fishing is frightening. My step son asked me yesterday if fishing is cruel, he also says he wants to be a vegetarian. Its amazing that he has gone fishing so many times with me and now someone, somewhere has "gotten to him".

But I have strayed far from the topic.

Thanks for the great report!

Dan

Dan

·
Registered
117 Posts
My buddy went to 11 mile last weekend and landed a 6 pound rainbow. They caught two other small rainbows and that was it. so its good to hear someone do well. Thanks for the report

·
Registered
863 Posts
awesome awesome awesome im headin up 11 mile on friday gonna stay till monday what area were u trollin???pike werent active? or did ya not target them sounds like u had a blast im goin up with a bunch of guys from work hopin to show all em as far as biggest fish most fish and 1st fish little bet goin so id like to be a pro fishermen for a day(get payed to fish type of deal ya know thats how i look at it when i fish on my payed holidays from work lol for that day i am a pro fishermen cuz i am bein payed) .....ahahaha

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I mainly trolled super dupers, bouyants and homemade wedding ring spinners. the weddinng ring spinners were made with red beads and red smile blades with a piece of white corm -- basically a homemade koke killer. the wedding rings caught the most fish -- all were trolled behing cowbells on lead line or a dipsy 10 - 30 feet deep

·
Registered
636 Posts
good job mauser. I just read an article in the RMNs saying that the Kokes are hard to find out there in numbers but looks like you found some. I plan on heading out there in July but must fish from the shore since I don't have the privelege of owning a boat. :-[

·
Registered
45 Posts
Dan said:
Great!  I can hear PETA harping on the cruelness of fishing now! :)

Actually the stance that PETA takes on so many issues including fishing is frightening.  My step son asked me yesterday if fishing is cruel,  he also says he wants to be a vegetarian.  Its amazing that he has gone fishing so many times with me and now someone, somewhere has "gotten to him".

Dan

Dan
Frightening? Do you consider any animal testing frightening as well? How about head impact studies on primates? Truly Frightening?

I agree that PETA takes a somewhat extreme position on certain things, but that is their way of getting into the media and it?s effective. Your step son sounds like he is a smart free thinker which is increasingly rare these days.

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hit 11 mile on 6/18 from 8:00 till 4:00. My wife and I landed 4 trout and 1 koke...with a couple other missed chances and one snapped line....not a great day but we had a great dinner! One 15" bow , 3 - 18" bows and one 13" koke. Spent most of the time trolling the channel from east bay all the way to stoll. Caught three fish out from the marina and two fish out from rocky flats fishing divers about 20'-30'ft down with mini flashers and an assortment of lures. Caught fish on green arnie, floating rapala(hot steel), needlefish(koke candy)...we tried tipping the lures with corn and salmon eggs most of the day for the kokanee and power bait nightcrawlers for the trout. We were marking lots of kokanee schools all over the channel at all different depths but they were not biting. We landed the one koke at about 2:00 on needlefish with corn and egg.. We tried fishing for pike for a couple hours throughout the day fishing east bay, parking lot cove and howbert point but no luck. Also tried casting lures for trout in some bays but only had one bite....trolling looks like the way to go right now saw people pulling in fish all the over the lake in boats.

Lots of boats out on Sat., the most I have seen. The marina parking lot was full by 8:00.

I know it is only June but I bet the ice fishing season this year is going to be great!!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Heck no -- test on the animals before testing on a person. PETA is nothing but a terrorist organization that resorts to breaking the law to get their message out.

CatchAndRelease said:
Dan said:
Great!  I can hear PETA harping on the cruelness of fishing now! :)

Actually the stance that PETA takes on so many issues including fishing is frightening.  My step son asked me yesterday if fishing is cruel,  he also says he wants to be a vegetarian.  Its amazing that he has gone fishing so many times with me and now someone, somewhere has "gotten to him".

Dan

Dan
Frightening? Do you consider any animal testing frightening as well? How about head impact studies on primates? Truly Frightening?

I agree that PETA takes a somewhat extreme position on certain things, but that is their way of getting into the media and it?s effective. Your step son sounds like he is a smart free thinker which is increasingly rare these days.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice job Yellow Jackets. 11M is a heck of a lake once you figure it out. we were on the west side near sucker cove for most of the day. though it doesn't seem to matter.

Yellow Jackets said:
Hit 11 mile on 6/18 from 8:00 till 4:00. My wife and I landed 4 trout and 1 koke...with a couple other missed chances and one snapped line....not a great day but we had a great dinner! One 15" bow , 3 - 18" bows and one 13" koke. Spent most of the time trolling the channel from east bay all the way to stoll. Caught  three fish out from the marina and two fish out from rocky flats fishing divers about 20'-30'ft down with mini flashers and an assortment of lures. Caught fish on green arnie, floating rapala(hot steel), needlefish(koke candy)...we tried tipping the lures with corn and salmon eggs most of the day for the kokanee and power bait nightcrawlers for the trout. We were marking lots of kokanee schools all over the channel at all different depths but they were not biting. We landed the one koke at about 2:00 on needlefish with corn and egg..  We tried fishing for pike for a couple hours throughout the day fishing east bay, parking lot cove and howbert point but no luck. Also tried casting lures for trout in some bays but only had one bite....trolling looks like the way to go right now saw people pulling in fish all the over the lake in boats.

Lots of boats out on Sat., the most I have seen. The marina parking lot was full by 8:00.

I know it is only June but I bet the ice fishing season this year is going to be great!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just looked at that Peta crap. Can you believe that they are telling kids to stay home and watch TV. Unbelievable!! ::)

"Or stay at home and rent a fish-friendly flick like Finding Nemo or Shark Tale ?"

·
Registered
943 Posts
my kids would laugh at that stuff. fish talk to each other? what a load of crap

·
Registered
636 Posts
that is the biggest garbage i have ever heard. Yes it is true that it hurts to get hooked, I done it several times but I could care less if it hurts the fish. All these whipper snappers these days are putting all kinds of piercings through their bodies for fun. I'm sure the fish doesn't feel the pain after a few minutes of being released. PETA is something else, too extreme.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts