Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got to use my new(purchased in April) trolling rods and reels.I got them for the use of leadcore line and haven't needed it until now.It was a pretty good day, i caught two kokes(12") and five bows ranging from 12" to 15". I used several diffrent setups but the most sucessful was a short strand of flashers(3 willow blades)and a wedding ring with a piece of worm on it.I caught the kokes on pop gear with a pink taz devil about two feet back.I had 3 to 4 colors out most of the day.I fished from 12:30 to 6:30 and the wind wasn't to bad.I missed as many as i caught,so definatly some room for improvement there.For the first time using a new method, i was happy with my results.                             lyn               

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Catching fish on new stuff is always good, you can say see honey these really work I need to get more... hehe, Good Job

·
Registered
344 Posts
Good job Lynmack, I like catching fish on cowbells, I noticed that if you loosen your drag and run a snubber ( or a fancy rubber band ) between the pop gear and wedding bell you will miss less fish. Good luck :)

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
nice looking kokanee, what depth were you fishing for um, the only time of year i do good for kokes at elevenmile is during the spawn, i dont have a boat, but ice fishing i killed um

M

·
0 Posts
Right on man -- looks like you nailed them. I hit 11M today -- P-Lo was gonna be to damn hot. I wil post a report later.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts