Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

11 Mile Anti-Domination

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Micorps 
#1 ·
Had everything checked out, ready to go and loaded up in the truck late Saturday night. Got to 11 Mile at 5:45AM, laced up the boots and coveralls, unloaded the truck and decided to test the auger before hitting the ice. Good thing. The auger didn't start immediately (like it usually does) and it flooded. Pulled the plug, let it air out, nothing.

A half hour later another guy pulls up next to me and was kind enough to drill some holes for us. A big THANK YOU to Vic, Kevin and Shawn - hope you guys got into them. Didn't wet a line until nearly 8AM so we totally missed the early bite and I set us up in a lousy spot. I hadn't fished that spot in about 5 years and really biffed it. Around 9AM my auger fired up and we were able to make a small move.

Bottom line: saw the stockers come through about once per hour, not even a sniff at any of the 4 baits we had down. I'm trying to decide if I want revenge later in the week or just go into work. It's sad because it's kind of a toss up right now.

Merry Christmas everyone. Hope 2019 is a great year for y'all!

#3 · (Edited)
Merry Christmas!

That's why I went electric. We got on the ice early (perfect time) and the auger wouln't start. Ended up having to pull the air filter off and pour a cap full of gas into the carb. Kinda sucked when you want to have a line in the water.

At least you were able to salvage the day. Go back and HAMMER them!
Cheers!
Have you ever tried Seafoam? It seems to work good on cleaning up 2 stroke carbs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.