Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone tried fishing 11mile at night for pike? going to try tonight but don't know the best spot. also want to stay kinda close to the truck in case it gets to cold?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
we have plenty of heat as long as the wind does not blow us off. i will let you know how it goes when we get back

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
fish said:
has anyone tried fishing 11mile at night for pike? going to try tonight but don't know the best spot. also want to stay kinda close to the truck in case it gets to cold?
Do pike feed much at night in 11 Mile??

Years ago I used to fish Sanchez Reservoir a lot, and frequently all night. Despite the fact that it had a huge pike population back then, I only caught 1 pike at night.

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
You can fish Pueblo at night. I've heard from a few people fishing 11mile at night in the summer time for trout too.

No clue on the pike bite after the sun goes down though.

And Chattie, people fish that after dark all the time.

Rob

·
Registered
83 Posts
You can fish 24/7 at 11 mile or Pueblo either open water or on the ice.
I have night fished thru the ice at the mile before and froze my butt off, I had a shelter and heater! Just wait till morning!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Have fished 11mile in summer at nite and talk to ranger while doing so... Have caught some great #s pike in north county at nite, don't know about ice nite pikking...?

·
Registered
115 Posts
3. ICE FISHING:Some waters may be restricted by local laws. Unless otherwise stated, waters
open to ice fishing have these restrictions:
(a) Ice fishing holes cannot exceed 10 inches in diameter or 10 inches on any side.
(b)Fires on ice must be enclosed.
(c) No littering allowed on ice.
(d) Portable ice shelters (where permitted) must be removed at end of day.
(e)Permanent shelters (where permitted) must display owner or user name, address and telephone
number legibly in contrasting colors on outside and on shore side of shelter. Letters must be min.
2 inches high.

this is from the 2008 fishing brochure
:-\

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
The only pike I have ever caught or seen caught at night were around dock lights. I have fished places with eyes, smb, and pike so after the dark came kept fishing and never caught a northern, doesn't mean it can't happen though!

·
Banned
2,918 Posts
Uncle Milty (when he owned his store) told me a story about a guy that got harassed by the rangers at Elevenmile at night. Apparently he got there about 3am, cast out a couple rods, sat in his chair and fell asleep.

Here comes the ranger about 5am....kicks the chair and tells the guy he is "camping" illegally and not actively fishing. Ranger tells him to get a campsite and let's him go with a warning.

If you fish there at night, don't fall asleep. :-\

·
Registered
413 Posts
ya guess it would be an unattended rod ??? but the camping is crazy sounds like if I went to the dream stream or 11 mile/spinney and I wanted to take a break then I would have to buy a camping permit and I'm not aloud to napp in my truck for minute. crazy and if they let me do it wouldn't they have to let him do it?
he had a day pass right? let the guy nap!

tell him maybe he has to real in the lines if he naps but still tfu O0

·
Registered
183 Posts
we fished the mile friday night before the the tourney.. only had two fish come in on the sonar and neither was hungry. it was our 2nd time night piking witk no results- but it is pretty fun!

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
that guy said:
Uncle Milty (when he owned his store) told me a story about a guy that got harassed by the rangers at Elevenmile at night. Apparently he got there about 3am, cast out a couple rods, sat in his chair and fell asleep.

Here comes the ranger about 5am....kicks the chair and tells the guy he is "camping" illegally and not actively fishing. Ranger tells him to get a campsite and let's him go with a warning.

If you fish there at night, don't fall asleep. :-\
Did you go back after that Ed? ;D ;D ;D ;D :D

Denise crashed out in the 4runner yesterday at the mile for a few hours - if the rangers would have harassed her I'd have gotten pretty ticked off at that.

Rob

·
Registered
16,494 Posts
Ice fished till midnight 3 or 4 times at 11-mile over the years. Rarely caught crap- and it was FREEEEKIN COLD! And I'm fairly immune to cold- ;D Gotta keep the heater blasting when its -30 outside.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts