Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my friends was asking me about what was working well up there. I want to sound informed so I was hoping one of you had been up there recentley. Are the bows starting to move in the dream stream? Any advice for the canyon. Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
small nymphs for the canyon... disco nymph was doing well when I was up there. The old fall back copper john should always be in the box. The rainbows are stacked up in the canyon when I was up there as well, the closer you get to the dam the more open water and the higher the fish consentration.
As far as the dream stream they raised the flow rate so the bigger bows should be moving up.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Hatch, this Friday's Estes Park Trail Gazette happened to list the (South Platte) Dream Stream as thier 'BEST BET"
   They say "using small egg patterns trailed with bright-colored Midge Larvas. Big fish are running up from 11-mile Reservoir to spawn".
   Tell your buddy Good Luck.
   Hey, you may want to search for fishing guitar's "crash the hatch" post and print that up for your friend. That method works great for them up there!   

James

Oh, and nice avatar (is that what you call those little photos?) I can't wait for it to warm up a little more!

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I fially figured out how to do that. My older pics didn't show up very well. I have one I wanted to put up there but it was fuzzy.

Thanks for the info guys. My friends think I am some all knowing fishing guru. I would hate to let them down. >:D

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
This time of year I usually try a two scud rig, both size 16. An olive up high with an orange dropper. The orange scud gets taken either because it looks like a dead scud or an egg cluster. It works. Be sure to pinch the barbs as the flows are low and these fish are getting worked over every day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts