Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
2,513 Posts
I believe Spanish was spoken in these parts long before English was. Remember, the Treaty of Guadalupe-Hidalgo by which we annexed what is now the western United States would not pass muster in any world court today. That being said, I don't see why anyone would want to be mono-lingual. It helps to know both English and Spanish, no matter who you are. As for Mexican nationals exploiting us, well I can't see how. In addition to my day job, I do a lot of real estate development and I have to say that the work ethic of native born Americans is not up to snuff. Give me a Mexican national who is willing to bust his butt any day. If you want someone to learn the native language of the area, have them learn Ute or Arapahoe. Not too many classes teaching it though.

As for using bait on 11-mile, I guess it's an educational and cultural thing. It takes effort to change attitudes about wildlife management. You may not have much respect for them, but I don't have much respect for those don't catch and release trout , just as I don't have respect for most hunters because many are lousy shots. If you can't make a clean kill with one shot, don't take the shot.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.