Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well how should i began this report... For starters i headed out the house this morning @ 330 with antero on mind not thinking about ICE!!! I arived @ the lake around 630 only to see a lid on the lake, i mean there was no open water... After takin in the disapointment i realize how dumb i was going all the way to antero in november to fish open water!! Wow i guess my mind @ times is in cloud 9!!!

Driving east on 24 i had every intention on going home until i got to lake george and thought hey im here why not try the canyon Well to say the least that was a good idea i got into fish right away using a small kastmaster and drifting worms in the deeper slow moving pockets. All fish ranged from 12in to 17in. Couldint get any larger fish maybe due to a lack of tackle for that situation. The only thing i could get to bite was browns!!! Not a single trout which is great i have never hooked into so many browns...

At the end of the day i ended up catching over 20 fish. To start off so bad it ended up great!!!!

S

·
0 Posts
Darnell said:
The only thing i could get to bite was browns!!! Not a single trout which is great i have never hooked into so many browns...
uhhh...........browns ARE trout,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
648 Posts
Sounds like an unbelievable day, but I have to ask........
wheres the pics????????

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know browns are trout!!!!!! I meant to say rainbows mr funny guy im shocked u didint corect me on my miss spelling also!!!!!

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Glad to hear you got into 'em!

I really threatened to get out there this am myself but by warm bed talked me out of it. Sounds like I missed out!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts