Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did it. I'm finaly a true member of the forum. I got skunked at elevinmile! ;D

The weather reports for monday were scary. Even the guy at sportsmans warned me not to go. We drove through some bad stuff outside of woodland, but when we got to the lake it was sunshine and get this, very little wind! I have never been to elevinmile before and was impressed by the lake's size and all the islands and underwater features. We fished off stoll mountain in 12-25 feet of water. I think we got some bites in 12 feet of water. Tried it all pink ratsos, rat finkes, kasty, jigging rap, swedish pimple, even the tube that was till on my laker rod. Nothing! The deeper water put us over a weed bed. We got no bites over the weeds. Weather was amazing. There were not alot of people out. Suprising as it was a holiday. I think the bad weather report scared them off. Fished from about 8am till about noon. I decided a day of no wind down here is priceless and maybe I could do better elsewhere.

So we packed up and drove to the south platte below spinney. Of course once I set up to fly fish the wind picked up but that is to be expected. I've fished here before with good results but never all the way by the dam. I parked at the last spot and walked the river almost all the way to the dam. I did not spot one fish. I did however fish to alot of weeds that looked like fish. (I hate it when I do that) This strech looks amazing. Were stream improvments done here? All those beautifully placed boulders and stumps will require another visit. Only saw two other anglers on the river. They were fishing fast so I didn't get to talk to them.

All in all a good day. I think I had my first experience with a pressure ridge. I think I'll stay away from those from now on. I am determined to figure out that lake and if your reading this Elevinmile you've won this one but I'll be back.

F

·
0 Posts
That was me and my cousin!!! We cover as much water as possible to maximize results. Our total fish count was 10 between the two of us and the biggest was a 27 1/2 inch brown. Great stretch of water but in the middle of winter you really need move alot to find feeding fish.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You know I thought it was you guys but I wasn't sure. Your clothes matched your pics so I figured it was you guys. Congrats on the fish, you know that river like the back of your hand.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Hatch Let me know when you are ready to go get beat again I think 11mile owes me one so far the count is 11mile - 2 ePiC - 0. Think I might go pick on 11mile canyon that way I can catch a fish or two in wa watersystem with 11mile in it. The bows should be stacking up in there right about now.

F

·
0 Posts
hard to get a good picture when its freezing

Epic the fish are really stacked up in elevenmile canyon big time...I'm not much of a fly fisherman but I'm sure a griffiths gnat would kill.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Wow, that's a GREAT fish! Dream stream or the canyon?

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
fishhunter said:
Wow, that's a GREAT fish! Dream stream or the canyon?
Haha, a brown that big wouldnt fit in the canyon. :p That gots to be a dream stream brown.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hatch Let me know when you are ready to go get beat again I think 11mile owes me one so far the count is 11mile - 2 ePiC - 0. Think I might go pick on 11mile canyon that way I can catch a fish or two in wa watersystem with 11mile in it. The bows should be stacking up in there right about now.
Epic that sounds good. We could lick our wounds together. 11 mile canyon sounds like alot of fun. I'll let you know when I got the time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts