Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jeff and I went to the Mile later friday night. Started fishing about 5:15pm in 9 FOW on the southwest end. Jeff stayed in our original place and I drilled a new hole further out in 14 FOW. I lost a nice fish at the hole right after moving. Really put up a good fight. Every time I got it to the hole it would peel off line and take off again. Not long after I lost this fish, Jeff had a fish back in the hut. He caught a nice 18" bow. I lost another one right at the hole after Jeff caught his fish and Jeff lost another one as well. I did ice a nice 19" bow before time to go. We left about 7pm.

We headed back out again Saturday morning. We fished from 7am-10:45am. Fished in the same area in 14-15 FOW. I caught 2 cutbows 17" and 18". Jeff didn't catch anything this trip. All fish were caught on silver kasty, pink ratfinkee and tipped with wax worm and nightcrawler pieces. One fish was lost on a whole nightcrawler on a sz 6 hook.

Ice still about 20" thick but there are areas that look like they are melting off with water on top of the ice. Don't think it will last much longer with the warmer weather and wind.

Link to pic below:
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/3518/winter2010016.jpg

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We're going to try to get out there one more weekend with my dad and uncle depending on the ice conditions. Probably going to drive up after work Thursday evening to assess the ice before having my dad drive all the way from Denver. If you make it out this week Jeff, let us know how you do and how the ice is. Sswan, the ice will be gone fairly quickly the way its looking. I have to admit I'm ready for ice off as well. I had a great ice off last spring and hoping it will be just as good this year. Should be getting my big 6lb brown back from the taxidermists from last season in a coupkle of weeks, can't wait to see it!

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
TthePikester said:
Wendy, make sure you post a pic of your big brown when you get it back!!! ;D
Indeed. And please let us know the status of that can's lid peeling back after you go this coming weekend!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tony, will definitely post a pic of my brown when I get it back. I'm looking forward to it. :) Sswan, we'll post a report after this weekend and let you know what the ice conditions are. Hoping its safe for one more weekend. If there's open water, well then we may just need to break out the long poles!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts