Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!
First post here, seems like a great site!! I recently moved to CO. Looks like I'm taking my wife and daughter camping/fishing Mon & Tues. I'll be fishing 11 mile from shore. I've seen some awesome pics. of fish from there.
Where is the best place to fish from shore? i'll probably be drowning some worms or powerbait with my family's rods while I either fly fish it or spinner fish it.
Any suggestions on flys or spinners?

Thanks, Ryan

Oh yea one other thing. Are there any free camping areas in the area. I was kind of looking at some in 11 mile canyon.
Thanks again!

·
Registered
699 Posts
i spent three days up there this last week and the place that i had great luck was at campground 4 stohl mountain campground fish the point right there and good luck use the barber poll, rainbow, or captain america powerbait.

also stop at the store there at the lake and grab a couple of pike bunnies and make sure you have some cast masters

i cought 8 fish with only one under 20 inches and kept 2 1 18 inch and 1 25 inch

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
you cant camp in the canyon and fish the lake , there is no access to the lake with out driving out and around it is about 15-20 miles and the canyon is not free. there are some spots in the nat. forrest but they also are a long ways from the lake.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
walleye seeker said:
you cant camp in the canyon and fish the lake , there is no access to the lake with out driving out and around it is about 15-20 miles and the canyon is not free. there are some spots in the nat. forrest but they also are a long ways from the lake.
Yea, I noticed that. My wife just wants to camp somewhere other than on the lake, she thought those campgrounds were ugly. And we all know that if the wife is happy that means more time on the lake for me!! ;D So the drive will be worth it! I was just hoping to find free camping close.

azbassernco-Thanks for the tip! I'll give there a shot!

Anyone else?!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts