Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and a buddy hit sucker cove on the 27th. we were fishing in 15 feet of water and were using green and pink sparkle tubes with mealworms. we caught two 16" bows between 9am and 10:30am and lost one rod and reel through one of the holes. i thought it was my mistake and was going to buy my buddy a new set up. i glad i did not get around to it because today (12/29) at about the same spot Brandon hooked a line. He pulled the line up a found a fish 16" bow on one end and on the other end he found his rod and reel we lost two days ago. The fish was bleeding really good but was still alive. the rod was covered on weeds but still intact. We had no luck for the rest of the day and the storm didn't help.

believe it or not!

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Is your real name Ripley?

Dan

Hell I have seen stranger things.........Like once upon a time I could actually catch fish...

F

·
0 Posts
Are you with Don from sportsmans warehouse or were there more out there losing rigs? I know a guy and his wife were out there mid-morning and he asked me if we pulled up a rod with our 23" cutbow

·
Registered
24,511 Posts
I caught a camera once at the south chatfield boat ramp!...<snicker>

·
Registered
459 Posts
Thats pretty cool! I've caught two pairs of sunglasses trolling Chatfield.

·
Registered
459 Posts
And no Dan, I don't think they were yours ;)

·
Registered
765 Posts
Did anyone catch a red, 7ft rod with a black baitcasting reel on it near the inlet of Chatfield? I'm guessing it was a big catfish that took it for a swim a few years back. that thing hit the water and took off like a nuclear sub before I had a chance to leap.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
If anyone catches a red wire rod holder at Sucker Cove its mine. it went down the hole this morning after "someone" kicked it.

Dan

·
Registered
24,511 Posts
I was just kidding I didnt catch a camera...

If anyone catches a red wire rod holder at Sucker Cove its mine. it went down the hole this morning after "someone" kicked it.
...and I was no where near Sucker Cove this morning...

M

·
0 Posts
I tend to catch random articles of clothing, gloves, socks, jeans, at the chatty dog ponds...i think there is a body in there

·
Registered
97 Posts
At Lake John I was jigging a kastmaster and got smacked by a lunker... after a 4 sec fight he broke me off... OH WELL... re-tied started jigging and get smacked a couple minutes later, this time the drag is set right and land the #5 rainbow. Go to un-hook her and she was hooked alright... In the split ring of the kastmaster i had just lost 2 min before... NO LIE AND NO FISH TALE!!!
TONY

·
Registered
765 Posts
THansen77 said:
At Lake John I  was jigging a kastmaster and got smacked by a lunker... after a 4 sec fight he broke me off... OH WELL... re-tied started jigging and get smacked a couple minutes later, this time the drag is set right and land the #5 rainbow.  Go to un-hook her and she was hooked alright... In the split ring of the kastmaster i had just lost 2 min before... NO LIE AND NO FISH TALE!!!             
                             TONY
Wow!! That's cool. What are the odds of that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts