Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all
I am going up to 11 mile on sunday with a few friends and need some advice. I have only been there once and caught a pretty nice rainbow. We are going to try out a new fish find as well. So my questions are:

Pike: where is a good spot this time of year and what would you recomend using and how(slow, fast, shallow, deep, color..)

Kokes: same question

trout: same question.

I am going to try spawn sack, others are bring crawlers, and we have tons of lures. We are not planning on trolling. We will have two poles out for each of us, so i figure bait on one, lure on another.

I'd sure like to hook into some salmon since i have never caught one before, and it would be nice to get into some decent pike.

Slayer: question about spawn sacks. Fish them off the ground? or under a slip float just off the ground above the weeds?

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
I rarely fish a spawn sac from the boat,but it might work.My method is to drift with the wind in the west end between the inlet and stoll mt. campground.Hang a small piece of worm 6 ft under a thin bobber and throw it out and drag it.I always put a couple 3/0 split shots above the worm to keep it down.Also this works well with power bait.Normally I'm fairly close to shore in water from 9 to 20 ft deep.Try a drift and you will know soon if the fish are there.Maybe 20 mins or so.Then pull up the lines and quick try another depth or area.While draggin the bait,you can either work or drag a twister tail. This is how I catch my pike there. Sometimes the trout like silver kasty's. or silver croc's.It helps to use light line,6 lb is good.The water is gin clear and they see everything.Good luck-

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Jeremy - go to www.llmilesports.com. The fishing report was just updated and is provided by the owner who is up there every day and surely knows the reservoir better than most. His reports are pretty good. I would stick to his recomendations as far as location for the species you are looking for, and take his bait choices into consideration, but try those baits you have confidence in. Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Black or natural colors work best for me.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hear ya. Well, i will just do my best and if anything is caught worthy of a picture, i'll be sure to post it. Its been fun this year though. I have tried out new waters, new presentations, new lures, and targeted new fish. Its been pretty sucessful. I was really never one to fish powerbait and wait. I like to attack.

I'll have to swing by the store and get some bigger curly tails for pike, all i have are little 1.5 inchers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts