Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The ice is starting to come off e-mile and now is the time to hit it! Lots of open water around edges and inlet.All thats needed ia a sliver of open water as long as there is a little depth,like 6 ft. minimum.Sacs are real killers this time of year,also kasty's,bouyants,or nymphs like wooly buggers,etc.The best places to fish are between the ice floes,the trout hide under the edges and ambush stuff.This type of fishing only happens once a year and doesnt last but a week or two!I'll be there saturday,will report.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Slayerfish-I figured with all this wind things would start to open up at 11 Mile. Gonna try to get up there cause like you say it only lasts a week or two. Caught a 15 1/2 lb. laker on a Rapala one spring here shortly after ice out-up til then I didn't even realize they were in the lake. Ed

·
Registered
16,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Youre the only guy I ever knew that caught one of those!Figured it was a myth.I'd like to catch sumthin close to that!

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Dont they have stuffed Macs in the 11 mile general store that supposedly came out of there?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts