Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished 11 Mile at Cross Creek yesterday. The ice was about 5". The morning temp. was -5 and when I left around 2:00 it was 50. The ice was making lots of noise and pressure ridge was building close to shore. When I started no open water. However when I left the was water showing at the pressure ridge and light water on surface. I started fishing near the pressure ridge in about 8' of water. Before I left, I moved in closer to shore since the pressure right was building and I didn't feel safe close to the ridge. The wind started blowing hard around noon. It looked like a fast flowing stream around the pressure ridge. Also, there was a break in the ice closer to shore.

The fishing was good but with the ice conditions don't know when I will go again. Would not advise anyone to cross the pressure ridge, may not be able to get back in the afternoon.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know what the ice thickness was at the ridge. I drilled a hole about 6' from the ridge and the ice was 5" thick which was consistent where ever I drilled.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Pressure ridges don't scare me and Slayer we just laugh at them. However we might get laughed at if you see to dumb ass' floating below ;D

·
Registered
910 Posts
ayup. I get not quite 6 weeks off for Christmas break. I hope the gill lice have died off some so we can put a few kokes in the freezer this year.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Was out this morning. Open water in the middle by Goose Island. 6-7 inches at Sucker Cove. Witchers Cove looked safe. Was 3 guys on the front side by Rocky Flats. Rest of the lake looked pretty scary and chancey. Be careful out there.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi Clint, I was passenger, Southwest Flt. 134. If you could I would appreciate your pin-pointing some good spot for a Hardwater Fishing Native O0. Great Article in "Colorado Outdoors".

1 - 18 of 18 Posts