Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to fish 11 mile one more time this year if the ice is safe.   Thinking about Tue. or Wed.    I live about 3 hrs away and would like to know if anyone was on the lake today.

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
459 Posts
Fished yesterday. Th main lake is good ice, about 9 inches. The shorline melted during the day, got a little wet getting back to the truck.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I fished it today northeast of deer island for kokes (did OK). The ice out in the middle was maybe 12" thick and very soft on top. It was wet and slushy after it warmed up. There was lots of pockets of open water near the shoreline and rocks. Looked pretty scary to me. I made sure to walk behind my less skeptical buddies. If you go be carefull!
Unless it cools off big time, I would say the end of the season is near.
I wonder what Larry is going to do about the March madness tournament.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Fished Lazy Boy Friday.8" where I was.Left after two hours.The ice definetly did'nt sound right as it heated up.Unless
we get a cold snap,I'm putting up the ice gear until next season.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Fished today, March 5th about 150-200 yards in front of the 11 Mile Marina in the channel, ice was 14" . It was a little hairy getting in/off the ice. lost a koke at the hole, marked a lot of fish but no love. Tried different jigs...I'm still trying to get dialed in on ice fish'n, maybe next season?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I fished witchers cove on Sat. about 100 yards out. The ice was 13" and a little chunky at the auger. marked 4 fish with one bite. I left at 10:00 to cut losses, but as always --still had a good time. ;) saw some guys bank fishing..........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts