Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out fishing Friday night with my dad and husband for a last time on the ice in the Witchers Cove area in 11 FOW. Jeff caught 1 stocker and I caught a 3 lb, 19" bow. Was really hoping to get my dad into some fish but he didn't catch anything. We did get to meet AlpinFisher from the forum.

Saturday morning we went to Rocking Chair for the first open water fishing of the year. We got there about 7am and hadn't been there 10 minutes and Jeff caught a nice 18" bow on a nightcrawler. Jeff caught another bow later while we were talking to Jeff (ElkDeerBear) from the forum. Was really nice to meet Jeff and AlpineFisher this weekend. :)

My dad and I didn't catch anything this trip. :( The people right next to us caught 5 trout, one of which Jeff estimated was probably 5lbs. After Jeff and Jerry left, these guys caught a fish in the same spot Jeff was fishing, just a few minutes after getting there.

Was a good time with my dad and husband, and really nice to meet some fellow forum members.

Pics below:

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Nice report...die hard icers for sure!...great job getting dad out!!!...thats the important part!

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
It was real good to finally meet you in person too Wendi, plus Jeff and your dad. Did you catch the 19"er after I left? Nice sunset pic! I noticed you taking that as I was dragging the sled up the hill. I posted a report about Friday afternoon/evening but after 60 something views I was fed up giving info with no feedback so I deleted it. Tired of the lurkers!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts